Saturday, September 16, 2017

Angelina Jolie: Defiance and Compassion



    This was very cool assignment.  In English 009, we read the memoir Girl, Interrupted with Mr.  Lewenstein.  We learned to look at mental illness in a compassionate way.  Reading the book inspired me to see the film.  Seeing the film inspired me to read more about Angelina Jolie.  She is a strong and compassionate woman.  I could see now why someone would tattoo her image on his/her skin. 

  
     I know Angelina Jolie from the film Girl, Interrupted.  I watched it for Winona Ryder, but Angelina stole the show with her brilliant portrayal of a beautiful, clever, and charismatic sociopath committed to a mental hospital for her violent behavior. Winona had the name and the experience, but Angelina walked away with the Oscar.  

    This tattoo may show Angelina’s  off-screen look.  Maybe it is a portrait of her taken backstage at an awards ceremony.  Although she will always be one of our most beautiful Hollywood stars, she is also earning acclaim for her work behind the camera.   She is one of few famous starlets to achieve success as a major motion picture director.  In this tattoo, if you look into her eyes, I think you will see a glint of defiance. Angelina has always refused to be typecast or stereotyped as just another beautiful face.  I’ve read of her leadership in charity and human rights causes.  She may be becoming as famous for her philanthropic activities as her films.  

    For me, her real stardom comes from making her own decisions and taking her own road.  I probably will never get a tattoo, but this image of Angelina represents two important qualities I will always aspire to:  defiance and compassion.


2 comments:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete


  2. i was diagnosed of parkinson disease 5 years ago,i started azilect then mirapex as the disease progressed in frebuary last year,and i started on parkinson disease herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic,few months into the treatment i made a significant recovery,almost all my symptoms are gone,great improvement with my movement and belance,it been a year and life has been so good for me,contact them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts